Wouldn't you expect to get some sort of reply? Well, I heard nothing from any of them on Tuesday and then went through all of yesterday without a reply. When I woke up this morning, I had an email from my principal, sent at 7:00 PM, stating he reached out to the assistant super who in return asked for my principal to call him so they could talk and from there, he'll update me on the situation.
My pessimistic mind, guess what it did? It automatically went to heightened pissed-off/ready-to-fight and call my lawyer mode. (BTW - I don't have a lawyer.) My pessimistic mind immediately expects my super to tell me that I can't take the time off. And then my blood pressure goes up and I'm ready to kick someone's ass.
Realistically, the reason the super wants to talk is probably just to get the details of the situation. Why do I do this to myself? Why do I immediately expect to have to fight? I bet it's because I'm the youngest of my other three siblings and they tortured me as a kid. (I kid...hahaha! Although they did - one or all, I can't remember...I was 3 - throw me in the toy box and leave me there once.) Anyway, Who knows why my reaction to things like this is to get in fight mode? I just need to calm down and take things as they come up without losing my mind. Stop being so reactive, Muir! Jaysus!
I got my backyard mowed and mulched and today I'll be doing the front yard next...who knows when. Hopefully before rain hits. I'm sure I'll have to do it a hundred more times before the leaves are all off the trees. Can't I just get all these trees chopped down!?
In knee news, it feels better but still tweaks when I do certain things. For example, if I stand up from a seated position primarily using my right leg, I get that shooting pain. So, I'm trying to favor my left leg. I'm trying to do yoga that won't tweak it but of course I don't know what positions will tweak it until I tweak it. Going from warrior 2 to triangle pose is a doozy.
Jim's talking to me again. He's a dummy.
Oh! Dad goes to his rehab facility today! Woot! Hopefully this is the start of him gaining strength so he can get back home!
Dinner tonight: I have no idea. I was going to do chicken bowtie pasta but I had pasta last night and we have too many leftovers from that. Plus I need something a little easier since I've got shit going on after school. Ugh!
And that's about all I've got. time to get a move on. I'm trying to crank out IEPs for those students whose due dates are prior to January. My parents won't respond to my emails that I've sent trying to set up meetings. So annoying.
Happy Thursday. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment