Thank the baby Jaysus it's Friday! Even though it was a short week, it was jam packed with stuff. But here we are and all I have to do is get through today!
Update on my absences: I got a follow up email from my principal and all is fine. He passed on paperwork from my super and a nice comment for me and Jim. The paperwork, however, isn't correct and is unnecessary. It's FMLA paperwork but I'm only going to be out for about 3 weeks and I have plenty of sick days to cover those days out. The only reason I would have to fill out FMLA forms would be if I were going to be out over, I think, 6 weeks and/or didn't have enough sick time to cover me while out for insurance purposes. I called my union president to verify and he'll get back to me. I think that the reason the paperwork was sent to me was just so they can cover their asses. I don't have to fill it out. Why fill out paperwork when you don't have to? Dumb.I got an email from that pain in the ass parent for the immature freshman who doesn't know how to follow rules. She was apparently expecting me to respond to her last email even though there really wasn't anything to respond to. She had just emailed me explaining that in the future, when things came up with her son, she would like to be informed. Her email yesterday was very aggressive and threatening. Basically she said if I didn't respond to her by end of day today, she would assume I was refusing communication. (You know what they say about people who assume...you're an asshole!) I emailed her back basically saying, "Gee, I didn't realize you expected a response from your last email. They way I took it, you were schooling me (I didn't say those words) on how to teach. (I didn't say those exact words either.) In the end, I sent her the most recent bullshit her son was pulling and an explanation for why, less than a week into the 2nd quarter, he already has an F. I haven't heard back but I'm sure I will. Oh, and of course she had to throw in there that she's an educator. Yeah, sure you are.
Dinner tonight: I think I'll stop at Kroger on the way home and get some crab cakes. I can't think of anything else to make and I need to do something simple. Maybe some green beans along with or a salad.
The weekend: I don't have many plans except to clean the hell out of the house on Saturday, go see dad (he's now in the rehab) and then on Sunday, I have the end-of-life celebration for the friend, Doug Nawrocki, that passed a few weeks ago. It's at the restaurant he co-owned (Tela). I'll go around 1:00 and plan to be home by the Bengals game. Other than that, I've got no plans.
K - well, time to get a move on. School should be easy. I'm reading chapter 5 in Catching Fire to my ELA classes and they we'll finish watching Hamilton in Government. I'll also be working to crank out the IEPs I need to finish before my leave.
Happy Friday! Happy weekend! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment