Friday, March 10, 2023

Tit For Tat

I just read a headline that said, "Will Smith is reportedly hurt and embarrassed by Chris Rock's comments". Hmm...that is interesting. Seems like someone was served a bit of their own medicine. Maybe he should recite the mantra, "Sticks and stones (and slaps upside the face) may break my bones but words can never hurt me." And BTW? I'm sick of this whole story. Can we move on now? I'm glad that Chris Rock has gotten his say out of it but now let's all just do better. K?

I made it to Friday. Barely. After the stupid staff meeting I had to go to yesterday, it was close. First of all the meeting was pointless. Nothing an email couldn't cover. In fact, one of the topics (juniors taking the ACT next Tuesday) was supposed to have been in an email but seems the dummy in charge of the scheduling never sent it. She claimed she did and tried to make individuals who asked about it feel stupid but she's the idiot. Then my principal, got up in front of the whole staff and announced, "I'm struggling. I'm not okay." I'm not even sure what we were talking about but to say that in front of all of us when you're supposed to be the person to give direction and leadership...that doesn't give us a lot of confidence that you're going to stand up for the school and teachers and students. He's a mess. Jaysus! 

So happy it's Friday. Not much planned for the weekend except for dinner out Saturday with Jimmy to Rodi in downtown Loveland. Other than that...nothing. Dinner tonight will be grilled cheese and tomato soup. Yummy.

School will be an easy day today. I'm giving my ELA students a last chance to bring their grade up with some extra credit. My science and history classes will watch a video. We're finishing up the movie Harriet in history and we started watching the series Lost a few weeks ago in science so we'll continue with episode 3 today. The kids really like it and it's interesting to see it again, knowing what the outcome was, after all this time. Although I'll be working to complete my final paperwork for the end of the quarter. 

And that's all I've got. Happy Friday. Happy weekend. Safe travels to Maggie, Charlie and Eva on Sunday as they head to Punta Cana. Don't break any bones. Later!

No comments: