I know I was only in Columbus for 2 days - if that - but it's just never long enough. But...at least I'll get to see Maggie and Eva in a couple days and then Winter Break is just around the corner.
BTW - sorry I didn't post earlier...I didn't get home until around 11:00 and then with all the dog walking, grocery shopping and the mini-spa day I gave myself, I forgot. Trip, however, sent me a text and reminded me. Normally it's Maggie hounding me so that was a nice change. (Har har!)The weekend was good even though it started with a visit to the endodontist. However, that proved to be a good thing, if not a great one. Who would've thought that someone could be so thrilled to get a root canal? The relief it gave me was worth it.
So yeah, I went to the doc early Friday morning. I wasn't sure what to expect and I was worried that I wasn't going to get an answer or relief. The first thing he did was take x-rays. He then did a little test using a Q-tip and a can of cold air. He got the Q-tip freezing cold and then touched it to my teeth. First to the tooth in front of the one that was giving me fits (I immediately felt the cold and as it should, it faded away when he took it off), then to the one behind the problem tooth (same deal) and then to the hurt tooth. When he touched the Q-tip to my hurt tooth, I didn't feel a thing. He said, "Yep, you have an abscess."
Now, I should tell you here that the tooth we're talking about is one that has a crack in it and a crown. This poses a problem because, as the doc said, there's a 50-50 chance that if he does a root canal, it won't work or will only work for a while and then the crack will get worse and they'll have to extract it. At that point he gave me three options: 1) Do nothing 2) Get a root canal and hope that it works or 3) Take out the tooth and get fit for an implant. Obviously, I chose to do the root canal. If in the end the crack spreads and it has to be extracted then so be it but I'd rather try something less complicated and expensive and immediate.
As for the root canal, the only thing I felt was a little pinch when he numbed me up. I was in and out of there within an hour (including the consult). It was so easy and such a relief. I'm on anti-biotics for a week and I was taking ibuprofen to stave off the pain but I haven't had to take any today. And by the way, my headaches have stopped. Go figure!
I do have to go to my dentist to have the touch up to my crown taken care of and I have an appointment for that on 12/2. Until then I can't floss that tooth, I have to "soft brush" (no electric tooth brush for a bit) and I'm supposed to avoid chewing on that side. He said I'd have a bit of sensitivity to the tooth when biting down for up to two weeks but I've already noticed that it's very minimal.
My couple of days with Maggie were chill. We didn't do much of anything except hang, watch football, go to Mom's and play some Apples to Apples and Uno, watch the F1 race on Saturday morning, and enjoy each other's company. We did go out to dinner last night. Maggie's renovation is BEAUTIFUL and even though it's not totally complete, it's awesome.
And that's all I've got. I'm not sure what the week has in store. I'll just be hanging here with my boys and getting some housework done.
Happy Monday! (A week from today is my birthday!) Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment