Monday, November 14, 2022

I've Got This

I don't want to start a Monday complaining...so I won't. We had a lovely weekend starting with a Friday evening at home enjoying a roaring fire in the fireplace, chili and grilled cheese for dinner, some Hallmark Christmas movies and I ended my night with a relaxing bubble bath. I mean, what's better? 

Saturday Jim and I had plans to go to Hoppin' Vines for some duckpin bowling after we cleaned the house. And then Jim told me he had to go into work for a couple hours (he actually told me this when he got home on Friday) to paint 3 walls. He promised he'd be home at 10:00. I told him, "I'll believe it when I see it." Well, color me happy, he was only a half hour late and for Jim that's basically on time. I couldn't bitch too much so I didn't. He's been working so hard in his new job. 

Anyway, while he was at work, I cleaned the house and did laundry. When he got home, we got ready to go and then Doug and Lauren texted asking what we were doing. So they came with us. We played some duckpin, ate pizza, drank some beer, played some more duckpin and then came home to nap. Lauren had to coach a game at 5:45 but said they'd be home by 7:30 for cards. It'd been a long time since we'd gotten together and it will be a while before we can again with the holidays and such so Jim and I powered through. We ended up in bed before 11:00. 

Sunday I made a big breakfast, we walked the boys and then headed to Shooters. Once home, we sat down to watch a little TV in front of the fire. There wasn't much football on that we cared about (Bengal bye week) so we watched F1. I really don't care about it but Jim was interested. Dinner last night was smothered pork chops, mashers and broccoli. I've still not gotten my taste completely back but Jim assured me it was good. 

Jim's on 2nd shift this week, which I'm fine with and the boys will be ecstatic about as they won't be left alone for most of the week. Jim needs to go in this morning for a couple hours on the job he was doing last week but then he'll come home and go to this new job around 4:00. With him on 2nd shift, he'll be able to do a few errands for me - Costco and Aldi - which is always a bonus. 

And now for some complaining: I slept like SHIT last night. I hate that to start my Monday. My head is still giving me fits and I need to remember to take ibuprofen before bed! Stupid! The week should be fine, I have one IEP on Friday. I'm hoping to get the IEPs I have coming up mostly written. I have 6 more before winter break. The one Friday is done and I have one on my birthday that's been completed and sent to the parent. One is a scholarship IEP and there isn't much I can do there so my plan is to get the other 3 mostly done this week and drafts sent off or ready. Fingers crossed. 

Okay well, I'd best get going. Today is going to the be the "warmest" day of the week at 43 degrees. Snow flurries tomorrow. Doesn't bother me though...I'm ready. 

Happy Monday! This time next week, I'll still be in bed. I CAN DO THIS!!! Later!

No comments: