Monday, December 09, 2019

Weekend Recap

Or as I said out loud: Reekend Wecap. 

It was a good weekend. Friday Jim worked late (got home around 9:00) so I just had leftovers, watched some shows, took a bath and hit the hay before Jim ever got home. Saturday we did our normal morning routine: breakfast, dog walks, cleaning and then we headed out to shop a bit. We went to TJ Maxx for luggage, purchased that and high tailed it out. Place was a madhouse and I had NO desire to fight the Christmas shopping crowd. From there we went to lunch at a new place right there - Currito. If you have a Currito near you, go. It's delicious! Their concept is "Greens Grains and Smoothies". I got a chicken teriyaki bowl...yum! And from there we headed to Little Miami Brewery. I was excited to try their Christmas beer - Prancer which has hints of gingerbread. It wasn't my favorite. However, their Opera Cream Stout was amazing. I only had a half pint of that, however because it was 7.5% Yowza! Saturday night we went out to dinner for Mexican and then went to bed.

Sunday we were meant to go to my friend Terri's for her annual tree-trimming holiday party (a brunch this year) but alas, she had to cancel because of illness. This is the first time in 18 or 19 years that she hasn't had the party. WOW! Jim and I have only missed two. It's the end of an era! Just kidding. So anyway - we ended up going to Shooters (of course) and then home for some football and a bit of cards with the neighbors.

This week will be relatively easy. I have an IEP tomorrow but I've also taken a sick day at work so that I can go to Jim's doctor's appointment with his new doc. My meeting is at 7:15 so after, I'll come home and do my thing until it's time to go. Other than that, we'll just be doing review stuff at school. Exciting, huh?

And that's all I"ve got. It's holiday dress up week at school. Today is PJ day. Now normally I wouldn't wear my PJs but I do have a nice long-sleeved reindeer shirt that I thought fit well and I'll wear my new slippers that Jim got me. It'll be a nice cozy day at work.

Okay - Happy Monday! Two weeks from now, I'll be on break! Woot! Later!

No comments: