Yesterday Jim and I went to see Knives Out, which we completely enjoyed. It was a good mystery but also really funny. I loves me some Daniel Craig! Here's the annoying thing about the movie, however: It was meant to start at 2:15. As we all know, this really means the time when previews start. I remember when I worked at the movie theater and for a movie, you got 3 trailers for upcoming films. And that's it. Today? There were probably 5 trailers but then 10 advertisements for whatever. Literally, the movie started at 2:42. That's RIDICULOUS! Who do I bitch to about that?! All of you I guess.
Snowmeggedon sort of hit. We probably have 3 inches on our deck but it looks like the rain washed away a lot of what would have been on the roads. We don't have a delay or anything (which is a bummer) but I'm fine with that since it's exam week and it looks like tomorrow may be a doozie in the morning with ice and colder temps causing some freezing on the roads. Hate ice.
Jimmy's doing much better, in case you're wondering. He's back to himself. There were a couple of dicey days there with him feeling worn down and weird (he described it as feeling like he had the flu without the fever) but all is well now. Thank God...I hate it when he's feeling puny...he isn't a great patient and I'm not a good nurse.
So as I mentioned, we have a week of exams. Each day we have two exams and then kids are technically done by 12:45 and can leave if they have a ride. It makes for a very quiet building and allows me to get a shit ton done. Today is 1st and 2nd bells so I have my study hall (with at least one kid coming to take her Geometry) and then my history exam. I'm hoping to crank out an IEP today and make some major headway on my progress reports. My goal is to get the three IEPs I have in January completed before break along with all my copying for classes to begin 3rd quarter. If I can do that, I'll be so happy and stress free! Which means I can stress about other stuff.
And just to keep you in the know: 9 days until Punta Cana!!! Woot!
Happy Monday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment