Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Happy New Year - A Day Late

Sorry...felt like a Sunday yesterday and you know I don't post on Sundays...oops.

My New Year was pretty uneventful. I made dinner for Jim and me and then later, the neighbors came over to play cards. We almost made it to midnight but that isn't important to me. I'd rather be snug in my bed than staying up too late. This girl, if you didn't know, is a bit of a loser and likes the early to bed early to rise routine.

Yesterday was enjoyable. I took Scout on a 4 mile walk which he enjoyed, however, he looked at me during the last leg and seemed to be saying, "Lady! I miss my brother!" It was actually quite funny because Jim had taken Boo and I had Scout and at one point we met up and Boo was so happy to see Scout...he was wagging his tail and jumping on him. He wasn't a happy camper when we split up again. But...Jim can't do a 4 mile hike so that's how it goes. After that, Jim and I took down Christmas (my house looks so empty now) and then we just hung out. I made our traditional, good luck pork and sauerkraut (Jim was so happy since he didn't have it last year...I made it after he got out of the hospital but he didn't eat) and then we sat in front of the fire, watch a little Wheel and football until we could head upstairs for bed.

Today was tough getting up for me. I had a massive headache. Weird, huh? I tried to lay in bed until it went away but with the boys kissing me and wanting to cuddle, I only managed to stay there until about 7:00. It was either get up or suffocate from kisses. I enjoyed kisses for a bit but then finally rolled out of bed. Anyway - I've already exercised (yoga and some ab work, which helped finally get rid of my headache), showered, had breakfast and am gearing up for errands. I'm just heading to Costco today (and maybe Target) but that's enough. I think the boys will be happy to have me out of their hair for a bit so they can hunker down in their cage with a nice non-rawhide peanut butter chewy. Sometimes I think that after having us home so much, they long for a little peace and quiet.

Today I'm completely back on the wagon with my diet. My official weigh in isn't until Friday so I'm determined to get to a weight where I've not gained and maybe lost a little? Probably not that but at least not gained from last week. We'll see. I'm pretty proud of where I am so I won't get down on myself but from here on out, I've got to get back to it. No more "one glass of wine" thing and I'm back to counting points. Tonight's dinner will be a balsamic glazed chicken, cauliflower rice (which I've never made) and probably Brussels sprouts.

K - well, that's all I've got. Time to make my list, finish getting ready, hug the boys a few more times and then head out. I have no idea what day it is...Wednesday! Happy Wednesday! Later!

No comments: