Thursday, January 10, 2019

New Job / Old Job

I often have a recurring dream that I'm back working at the deli/liquor store (best job I ever had). Sometimes I'm working the lottery machine (and I'm screwed in my dream because it's new and I don't know how to run it); sometimes it's the end of a shift and I'm cleaning the deli (which was an hours long job and included cleaning the slicer that I was afraid of); sometimes it's the lunch rush and I'm schlepping sandwiches. Well, last night it was lunchtime and I was in my groove fixing sandwiches and running the register. Our special was meatball hoagies and we were packed! They were $3.50 a sub and we were going through the balls like hotcakes. And just as I was ringing up a guy who had bought subs for his whole office (I had counted 11 so far) I had a puppy standing on my chest, licking my face. Scout got up WAY too early this morning! 4:00 AM does not make mama happy!

So happy it's Thursday and that tomorrow is Friday and that next week and the week after are 4-day weeks (well, next week is a 5-day week but I don't have kids on Friday). That makes getting through January and February much easier! My goal for this quarter is to NOT take a day off but we'll see. You know what they say about the best laid plans.

It's cold as hell! Wind chills this morning at 10 degrees! I saw the forecast and next Tuesday night looks to be in the single digits! That's not wind chill! Brrrr!

Can I just say I'm so sick of the "president" and that tool Pence (that guy is such a loser) spew bullshit about the Dems not budging in their stance about the wall!? Are the Republicans!? Nope! And by the way - it isn't true. The Dems have offered over a billion (A BILLION) bucks for border security. But for trump, it's all or nothing. Who isn't budging? I'm sorry that you "promised" your base something that was impossible (a wall that Mexico would pay for) but why should that lose you any voters when you break that promise? I mean, you're the one that said you could go into Times Square and shoot someone and not lose a voter so why should your lies, broken promises and bullshit make a difference?

K- sorry. Sometimes you just need to vent and I'd rather do it here than get into a conversation about it.

Well, that's about all I've got. Not much is going on at school...same old same old. Guess I better get there and figure out the plans for the day. Happy Thursday! Later!

No comments: