Yesterday was one of those struggle days in terms of staying on the diet track. Here's one problem: I switched from the app I was using to the WW app. In doing this, it reduced my points per day by 6. That's a lot, however, the old app didn't have the system that WW is using with zero points for many proteins, nearly all fruits and veggies as well as things like eggs. So, basically, it should all come out even. However, I was left with only 8 points for dinner last night and was struggling to stay in my limit (even though I have weekly points to dip into...I like to save those for the weekend). And I didn't have Jim at home to distract me. So then of course, I had to eat extra early (5:30) and had 2 hours to kill before I could take myself to bed. Thankfully I was quite full from the "cobb" salad I had for dinner but then I started thinking: It's been 3 weeks since I've had chocolate! Mmm...chocolate. And then...I can't wait for the weekend to have a cocktail! Mmm...Skinnygirl Margarita! I managed to stay true to my plan, however, and didn't eat any. I'm sure this is just one day of struggle because truthfully, in all of this, I've sort of breezed by but the struggle is real when it hits. And it certainly sucks when Jim's on 2nd shift!
One thing Jim did for me yesterday while he was home is to A) pick up the "free" TV from our mattress purchase and B) go to Costco to get me a shit ton of fruit. He got me a pineapple, apples, grapes, bananas and peaches. And let me tell you those peaches are amazing. I made a huge fruit salad and will munch on that for a few days (zero points). That helps.
School: My IEP meeting? The parent forgot and didn't show. And of course the deadline for the meeting is today so I need to have paperwork in. Such a pain in the ass.
So I'm up for evaluation this year and got the date for my first observation: Week of Oct 1-5. This kind of sucks because that's really close and I have 2 IEPs to write before then. Such a pain in the ass truly. However, I'm glad it's sooner rather than later so I can get the 1st semester observation over with. I'm not worried about the actual observation, it's just so much work preparing because I have to fill out a 10-page (maybe not that many) pre-observation thingy and upload all this "evidence" of everything I do. I mean, give me a break. I don't sit around on my ass and look at Pinterest or Facebook all day! And why can't Sped teachers be evaluated on their IEPs?! That's stupid. Oh, wait, I know why. Because admins don't really understand special ed nor what we do. That's right. Jerks!
Okay - I stepped down from my soapbox and will now depart. After all this talk about my evaluation, I feel like I need to get to work and do something for it. I'll probably stay after work one of these days when Jim's on 2nd shift and crank some shit out too.
K - happy Wednesday...ooh, we're halfway there. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment