Monday, September 17, 2018

Don't You Just Hate It...

...when you've had a discussion with your husband about doing something and then next thing you know, he's decided to do something different. UGH! So Jim has a LONNNNNGGGGG day ahead of him. He has to go to one job which he started on Saturday in Kenwood, work a regular shift and then go to the job he had been on previously (2nd shift) and do some touch ups, around 4 or so. So he had talked about leaving this morning super early to get the first part of his day over quickly so he could get to the 2nd part and home earlier. I told him that for the dogs sake, that would be tough. So we agreed to leave at normal time (me around 6:15 and him around 6:45) with me getting home around 3:00 (as usual for the pups). See, the pups just need a little extra time in the morning to get their energy out.

Anyway - I get up, do my normal routine and come downstairs for breakfast.  Jim's sitting, dressed at the table having already eaten his breakfast. This is annoying too because he had fixed his meal but didn't toast the toast I had ready to toast in the toaster and didn't get his fruit like we had discussed (dude needs to increase his fiber intake...oh and I'm sure he didn't get his Metamucil!) I said, "What's going on?" He said, "I'm trying to get out of here early so I can get home early and take care of the pups before you get home." Me: "Huh? That was never discussed." Him: "Well, if I go now, then I can get home before you get home and get the boys out and then head to the other job once you get here." Me: "Well, that was never discussed and that still doesn't help the boys with the energy they have now." Whatever though...annoying. Then he wants to know if I'm mad...he thinks I'm slamming things around when really I was getting my breakfast ready...closing kitchen cabinets, setting down a cup on the counter etc. I said, "I'm not mad...I'm annoyed. We talked and agreed to one thing and then you up and do something totally different. I'm a little thrown for a loop."

The outcome: Jim left here at 5:34 and I'm trying to get the boys riled up to chase each other around and get their energy out. It worked for about 10 minutes and now their both chilling out, sucking on one of their dog pillows. The little weirdos.

So weekend news: Nothing major. We hung out Friday, played some cards. I was a bit grumpy. Don't know why. Jim worked all day Saturday. I cleaned, mowed the lawn (front and back), cleaned off the deck, and then hung with my boys. Saturday night was just a nice relaxed evening. Yesterday we got up, I walked the boys, we went to the dollar store (love that place!), pet store and Walmart (hate that place). Home and then football. Nothing major.

Oh, Jim's appointment...totally forgot. All is well, we think with his colon. There were three polyps that were removed and sent off for biopsy. The doc says they're precancerous and he'll have to come back every three years but he thinks everything is okay (not melanoma, and his diverticulosis is fine...not diverticulitis which would be if it were infected). We were done Friday by 10:30 and home by 1:00.

And that's all I've got. This week at school should be pretty routine. I had one IEP and then we have an inservice on Friday which means no kids...yay!

K - I'm out...gotta get these puppies worn out. Have a happy Monday! Later!

No comments: