Thursday, September 06, 2018

Ingenious!

I was just scrolling through some news articles and came across one that said, "Couple builds a drive thru window in mobile home to sell drugs". I mean, that's just good business sense, don't you think?! I know I wouldn't want all those dirty druggies traipsing through my double wide?! (Or single wide) Who would!? You gotta protect your trailer! That must be a thriving meth business if a drive thru is needed to be built to expedite orders. I wonder if there's a menu and speaker thingy where you pull up, decide what you want and call out, (after hearing the window worker say, "would you like to try our blue plate meth special today? Go ahead with your order when you're ready") "Uh, no...I'd like just a regular bag of meth please...and a large Frosty!"THEY SHOULD SERVE MILKSHAKES TOO!!!

It's articles like these that give me conflicting feelings. On the one hand, how are there people like this?! So depressing (you should see their picture...dude was all tatted up, face included). And then on the other hand, it's stories like this that make me realize I've got it so good and I need to be thankful for my good fortune.

(BTW - I can't believe I typed the word "thru"! My former high school English teacher, Mrs. Pfetzing, HATED that word! It pissed her off to no end that the English language was being butchered as a means of convenience. To her it was as bad as the word ain't! And man oh man would she absolutely HATE this day and age of LOL and WTF and BTW. Sorry Mrs. Pfetzing...I tried fighting it for years but it's everywhere!)

So IEP #2 is today. Should be an easy meeting...a senior who's been on my caseload all four years. He's autistic (high end) and the parents are easy. Hopefully we'll bang this meeting out and I'll be back in my room for the advisory period (hour long homeroom-like part of today) so I can work at my desk and plan for my evaluation. Starting to stress a bit about this...only because I have too much on my plate right now. Thankfully, I'll be at school extra late today because I have a 4:15 appointment to get my hairs cut and don't want to go home first because the dogs will only get all hyped up. Plus Jim's home all day so no worries.

And that's all I've got. Time to get a move on. So excited tomorrow's Friday! And it's weigh-in day...I'll be interested to see if I lost anything this week. K - later!

No comments: