I have my second to last IEP this morning and I'm psyched! Additionally, this IEP is for a student who is apparently moving out of district so I'll be doing some nosing around to see what that's all about. This kid lives with his grandparents (mom lived there too but recently moved out...she's not much of a mother from what I hear) and apparently they just sold their house, cash and bought out of district. I don't know why people do this when they have a student who is about to be a senior. Can't you wait just one more year? I'm actually hoping this is not the case because this is a really good, nice kid.
So apparently Grey's Anatomy killed off "McDreamy" (Patrick Dempsey). Of course they did because as Jim says, the only way to write people off that show is to kill them. Ridiculous. I hear he was fired which makes "sense" since he had just signed a two year contract at the end of last year. I've been about done with the series for a while....was just waiting for a real reason...and I got it. I'm actually three episodes behind in my watching so the surprise is ruined for me but what are you going to do? I love that People's headline said, "SPOILER: Did McDreamy really just die?" Gee, thanks for the warning about the spoiler! Trip will be pissed, I'm sure.
What else? It's Friday! So happy. I'm about done with teaching this year, I have to say. Several of my kids are done and it makes it hard to keep them motivated and caring about their declining grades (though most of them have already passed for the year so ultimately, it's not a major deal).
Can't wait for PIB...this time next week I'll be on the road! WOOT! Hopefully the weather will cooperate for the drive up. I swear the last several trips up have been filled with torrential rain. Fingers crossed.
Okay, I'm out...time to start my Friday so I can get back home...later!

No comments:
Post a Comment