Sunday, April 19, 2015

Island Cookout

We've got our first neighborhood cookout/fire under our belts. My neighbor Christy sent a text yesterday morning about doing this since my other neighbor, Lauren, was in Florida, leaving her husband Doug with all 5 kids by himself. We all brought our own thing to grill and then a side. I did broccoli salad. We were out until about 9:30 or so and the fire was quite lovely. So happy Spring is here!

Today's plans are up in the air. Jim mentioned wanting to go to Shooters (shocker) and considering we're meant to get lots of rain, that may be a good idea. I've got nothing else on the agenda so why the hell not?

One thing I know I'll be doing is watching the latest episode of Outlander. New member added to my list, by the way. How freakin handsome is Sam Heughan, the main character? Reinforces my love for everything Scottish! Loves me a man in a kilt!

Oh, I met the new neighbors. They haven't moved in yet (end of May) but came by yesterday as I was walking Sami. They are in their 30s with two girls, 4 and 16 months. Exciting. It will be nice to have that house occupied again (and with something other than dirty, hoarding kooks).

Okay well, mimosas are calling my name and it's time to make breakfast. Happy Sunday! Later!

No comments: