Sunday, January 25, 2015

There Is Such A Thing As TOO ANAL!

I had my possibly-difficult IEP meeting on Friday and everything was fine...my "proposals" all went off without a hitch. The biggest issue was their oldest daughter who they brought with them (she's been coming to most of the meetings of late and she's got some sort of background in special ed). She's very nice but slightly anal (if slightly means MAJORLY) and a thus a pain in the ass. Actually, her analness didn't really bother me but she had our speech/language therapist getting rather pissed. 

Explanation: I sent a draft of the IEP home so the family could peruse it and we wouldn't have to go through the whole thing. Of course I try and proofread and correct any mistakes but it's inevitable that I miss something in a 17 page document (19 with signature pages). No big deal. Well, the meeting Friday turned into more of an editing session. It was rather ridiculous. For instance - I accidentally had written "begin" rather than "began" in a sentence; I had a sentence where I used the word "so" two times in a row; the daughter didn't understand why I had used quotes for a teacher response in one area but not in another (uh...because it wasn't a direct quote when I didn't use them).  Shit like that. Then the daughter had a hard time understand the speech goal which pissed our therapist off and I had to step in and explain. An hour and 15 minutes later - all signatures were obtained and I was out of there ready for my weekend and wine. And I thought I was anal. And that is why when I set up meetings, I only offer times to parents between 7:30 and 1:00 PM. 

Yesterday was just a day of relaxing and reading. Today will be much the same. Jim may want to go to Shooter's...we'll have to see. 

I made a dinner last night that just wasn't good. It was one of my freezer meals and it had no taste. I don't know if I didn't season at all when I originally made it or what. I've made the meal before (didn't freeze) and it was good...live and learn I guess. 

Well, I think it's now time for a mimosa. Making fried bread for breakfast so I'd best get a move on. Happy Sunday. Later!

No comments: