Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Feeling Better

After lying on the couch all day and switching back and forth from watching TV and reading, I'm feeling lots better. I still have an annoying throat thing going...not sore but a constant clearing thing which I'm bad about anyway. I'm sure I'll be annoying my colleagues all day...sorry in advance (or if you're reading this later today - sorry about that).

Can I tell you I had the best "dinner" last night? I just wasn't up for making anything so Jim had leftovers and I had a bowl of cereal. It was yummy. I think it's been since I was in my 20s that I ate cereal for dinner. Jim does it all the time when I'm out of town but I never get the chance. I may have to make that a more frequent thing.  Weird?

In other news - Jim finally got all the Christmas lights down. You may be thinking, "WHAT!? You hadn't take your lights down yet?!" However, this is WAY ahead of the norm. In past years, they've been up until February or March (last years weather caused us trouble) so really he did good. He also did a lot of garage "cleaning"...more moving crap around. He's going to be in for a rude awakening soon because I have a plan of cleaning out the basement and garage and there's going to be a lot of junk getting tossed. I predict epic fights.  Should probably warn the neighbors to keep the kids in (Jim's a cusser and doesn't always remember the kids nearby).

I have lots to do at school over the next few days but I'll have plenty of time tomorrow with P/T conferences. With yesterdays absence I need to grade a lot of papers and do a final tweak of the IEP for Friday. Other than that...nothing too exciting. Oh, I bought The Giver - that's the book we're reading in LA right now. They had it at Walmart the other day and I figured might as well get it now. Should be good - Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep.

Okay well considering the loads of papers probably on my desk, I best mosey. Ooh, early release schedule today...bonus!  Later.

No comments: