Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Back To Work...Part Deux

And...I'm back to work again. Having worked Monday and then taking yesterday off (though we had a snow day), it doesn't seem like I really started back after the holidays.  Not complaining mind you...just saying. One thing that does blow - I was going to head to work and rush to make copies for my LA classes but alas, the meeting that had been scheduled for yesterday at 7:00 was moved to today. Stupid meetings.

Speaking of school and meetings, Monday was a normal day without any drama. There were no news trucks at school and basically all we were told at the meeting was that if students need to talk about the student who committed suicide, we should send them to the counselors. We shouldn't have a discussion about the circumstances because it could get us into legal trouble. I guess they are all worried that something a teacher says could be posted on social media and start a shit storm. Not that this isn't true everyday but whatever. Only one kid brought the whole thing up to me (Linguini, my autistic senior) and only to say that it was sad.

Speaking of Linguini - he finally passed his driver's test. Can you say, "Glad I don't live in the district"!

Yesterday's visitation for Becky's mother was nice. It was an open casket and I have to say she looked really good. I'm glad she's at peace now.

Seeing Maggie and Eva, unexpectedly was awesome. We had such a nice time. I sure do love that girl. She's so funny and fun. As you may or may not know, she calls everyone a KOOK! (Where she gets that, I just don't know.) Well, I said to her at one point on Monday evening, "Takes one to know one." Then yesterday, Maggie or I said something to her and she said, "Takes one to know one." Maggie said, "What did she just say?" Girl picks up everything. She's a kook!

Okay well, since I've got that stupid early meeting, I'll try to get to school early and get some of my copies made. Happy...what day is it?  Oh, Happy WEDNESDAY! Ooh, early release schedule! Woot!  Later!

No comments: