The weekend went way too quickly but it was a good one.
Friday Jim and I hung out...I made grilled cheese and creamy kielbasa soup. Saturday Jim worked and I cleaned and walked the dogs. He was home by 2:30 and took a little nap before we went out for dinner.
Our reservations were at 5:15, seated at the piano bar. I'd never been to Jags (thought I had for drinks years ago but I just didn't recognize the place) and it didn't disappoint. They have this "Prix Fixe" deal where you pay either $65, $75, or $85 for a 3 course meal (price just depends on the protein you choose). I got the $65 meal with a petite filet (topped with béarnaise). With it you get a first course (either a soup or salad) - I chose the boursin berry salad (it was so freaking good) - two sides (baked potato and asparagus) and a dessert. Jim, of course, got the $85 meal with a 10 ounce strip steak, he got the crab bisque soup and garlic mashers and asparagus. By the end of all that, we were stuffed so we took our dessert home (New York cheesecake with a raspberry sauce and a triple chocolate mousse).Oh, and I had a couple of vodka gimlets before dinner and they were a couple of the best martinis I've had. I could have sucked down a bunch more but I was good.
Sunday we had breakfast, played some Skip-Bo, and walked the dogs. Jim went to the store for me, washed my car and filled my tank. He then cleaned the interior of his car and I took a lovely bath. After that I sat on the couch for several hours and just read. I might have taken a little kitty cat nap too. We had chicken marsala for dinner (a Jimmy fave) and I was in bed reading by 7:30.
I slept okay last night but kept having crazy dreams. Jim had to get up around 3:00 because he had a headache. When I got up, he went back upstairs and waited for me to get him up after yoga. When I did, he said he was having crazy dreams and was so glad to get up. Weird that was the case for both of us.
Not much is happening this week. I'm supposed to have P/T conferences on Thursday and Academic Fair but Jimmy has his doc appointment and I'm going to go with him so, DAMN, I'm going to miss a late night at school. Not complaining...I'll do most anything to skip being at school for these pointless nights. Here's the other stupid thing. Thursday we have parent/teacher conferences and then on the 23rd, we're supposed to have them again. I mean, wtf!? Why are they so close together? It's stupid. I might have to come up with another excuse.
Dinner tonight will be buffalo chicken sloppy joes with slaw and fries. I'll probably make French fries for Jimmy and carrot fries for me. It's been awhile since I've made those and I don't know why. I love them.
K - time to get going. Happy Monday. Man I hope this week goes by quickly. Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment