Tuesday, February 07, 2023

Neighbor Dogs

I want to say that the neighbor dogs are assholes but really it's the neighbors who are assholes. 

So several houses up, not in the "circle", is a house where they have two German shepherds. I know these dogs and they are not normally aggressive but based on their behavior when you walk by you wouldn't know that. They will normally bark their heads off and run back and forth. When I'm walking Boo, it can be nerve wracking because Boo is triggered by other dogs. However, they've never come out at us on our walk so I've not been too concerned. I just carry a squirt bottle with Boo. I don't squirt him but just to the side of him and it distracts him from the maniacs. 

And then yesterday. I had just finished my elliptical, fed the boys and had gone upstairs to ready myself for my walk with Scout when I looked out the window and saw the two shepherds running loose. Ugh! As I was watching, I saw the school bus drop off one of my neighbors little girls and as she got off, the dogs saw her, she saw them, she started running to her front door and they ran after her. Thankfully she made it before they got to her but how scary for her. 

I immediately sent Lauren a text asking if she had the neighbors number and I told her about the dogs being loose. She responded with, "Yeah, I know. I was just walking with Lou and they charged us. I think I broke my finger." Fuck! 

I immediately got in my car and drove the four houses up to their house. The parents' cars were not there and the dogs were already all the way up the street. I beeped my horn and the daughter came out (she's about 14 or 15). I immediately told her what was going on, she called the dogs, they came to her and went in. Before she walked back into the house I told her she needed to tell her parents that if her dogs couldn't be trusted in their yards without breaking the invisible fence, they needed to supervise them. I told her that she needed to keep them inside because I was about to walk my dogs and didn't want to deal with that. She was very compliant. 

After this, I went home, found the mother's Facebook page and sent her a message. My biggest issue is that even if they aren't people aggressive, my dog is aggressive and if they come out at me, Boo is going to attack and then we have a dog fight and Boo dies. While I sent this message, Lauren realized she had the husband's number and she sent him a text. 

Thankfully their response was good. They were of course very apologetic. I know these dogs are trained and they aren't people aggressive but based on their demeanor, you wouldn't know that. The mother stated that she's already called the invisible fence company to get the line cut so they can only be in the back yard. She said their collars hadn't been charged and that was the issue. Hopefully they follow through. I won't hold my breath however. These are the people who keep their empty trashcans at the curb for 2 or 3 days. 

Dinner tonight will be a pork chop meal. It's a slow cooker recipe but I'll do it in the Instant Pot instead. It's a yummy one that I haven't made in a while. 

Okay well, I'm running a bit behind so I'd better get a move on. Happy Tuesday. Is it Friday yet? I better not start that yet. Ugh! K - later!

No comments: