Boo...he's a turkey. I heard him come up on the bed this morning and felt him walk toward my head. And so I slit my eye open to see what he was doing and I literally had his snout about 3 cm away from my face. I pretended to still be asleep and so he yawned loudly. I kept up my farce and then he laid down on my shoulder and proceeded to nose his way under the covers at my neck. His nose was COLD and was a bit of a rude awakening so I said "Uh uh!" but he wasn't having it. Since it was 5:30 I decided he'd waited long enough. I love him!
Why am I home you ask? Well, the part for Jim's car is finally in (he needs his steering column replaced). I didn't want him to have to take a day off so soon into his new job and since it was mostly a planned independent working day for my kids in all my classes I decided to take off. He dropped his car off at the dealership yesterday, I picked him up there and he took my car to work. Hopefully his car will be ready today and we'll both be back in business.
Of course I woke up with a weird cough this morning. And a massive headache. Since doing my yoga my headache is gone but I still have a cough thing happening. Hopefully it's just a random thing.
We finally got some rain overnight. Man did we need it. We've had maybe a 1/2 inch of rain in October and September was really dry too. This should almost do it for the leaves which I think puts us ahead of leaf cleanup this year by about 2 weeks. There have been times in the past when I've still been mulching into December. Fingers crossed. Now I just need it to dry out.
I do have a meeting today at 9:30 but it's a zoom meeting and there isn't much I have to say in it. It's a transition meeting for a senior on my caseload and so it will be the transition coordinator and the county person who provides some other services figuring out a plan for this kid. Mom wants me to amend the transition section on the IEP which is stupid but sure, lady whatever you want. I'll be sure to take LOTS of notes so there's no confusion later (after Mom drops the ball once again) about what the plan is.
Okay well, I'm going to go get on the elliptical before my meeting...get that out of the way. I'm hoping to have all my exercise chores done before noon (I'll walk both boys).
Dinner: Parmesan crusted pork chops with broccoli and probably rice.
K - happy Wednesday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment