Monday, October 24, 2022

Looking Good!

Those Bengals sure looked good yesterday! There wasn't one time during the game that I had to yell at the TV or got nervous! It's been a while since that's happened. Hopefully that will continue as we move through the rest of the season. 

Jim got to go to the game as well...sat in club seats. His friend Les (his best man from our wedding) is in town from San Francisco and had tickets. They had a good time and got to see a great game. He's paying for his good time now, however. He was up most of the night with what he's saying is sciatica. This isn't something that I've known him to suffer with but he said he's had it before. I told him that you have to work it out...don't sit too much and ice it but of course he doesn't listen to me. 

Speaking a bit more of Jim, he's working all week in town...Kenwood I think. YAY! He also is probably going out with Les again tonight which means A) some more alone time for Muwee and B) something especially good for me for dinner. I'll probably make a taco salad...it's easy, delicious and makes leftovers. 

The weekend was good. Friday we ended up going out to dinner at our local Mexican restaurant with Doug and Lauren and then played some cards. Jim and I were both exhausted but we powered through because it'd been so long since we'd spent any time with D&L. Saturday we did some yard work. I mowed/mulched the front and back yard while Jim blew leaves off the decks and out of the beds. Of course you'd never know we did anything with all the leaves that have already covered up the yard again but it's that time of year and this is my life for the next month or so. After all that we went to Shooters for lunch since I knew we wouldn't be able to do our normal Sunday visit. Sunday we got up, had breakfast and walked. While Jim was out galivanting around, I cleaned the house, took a bath and just enjoyed the house and pups by myself. 

The week is a bit packed. I have a transition meeting on Wednesday (it was supposed to be today but got moved). I'm not really running the meeting but I'll have paperwork to do as a result. Thursday I have an IEP meeting and it might prove to be a pain in the ass. It's for a freshman and she's all good but the parent is a bundle of nerves and worries. Plus she's coming in person which is annoying. Oh well...I guess we're heading back that way but Zoom is so much easier. Parent/teacher conferences will be Thursday but I won't be present for those. 

And that's about all I've got. I'm starting a new novel today in ELA so I need to go get shit ready. Happy Monday. Fingers crossed the week goes quickly. I hate 5-day work weeks. They suck! K - later.

No comments: