Jim's first day at his new job went well but it will certainly get old if he has to drive to Columbus every day during this job. He sent me a text on his way up yesterday which said, "There are a ton of sam eyes!" It took me a while to riddle out what he meant (he was using his voice recorder to text). I figured out that he meant semis...trucks. Anyway, I told him that he needs to just stay up there during the week if the job lasts for a while. We'll see what happens and I'll have him talk to his boss. If lodging is available, take it. It will all come out in the wash anyway and better to NOT put the miles on his truck, right?
I had an IEP yesterday but 10 minutes before the meeting after I'd sent a link to the parent again (in case they'd misplaced the original link) she emailed back to say she wouldn't make it. I went on with the meeting anyway and send the paperwork home. My favorite kind of meeting.
It's going to be WINDY today. They're saying 30 mph gusts but at least it will be relatively warm. Scoutie loves to walk in the wind.
I did a yoga today with a person I'd never done before and though she was good and I liked most of her poses she went too fast and then a couple times she said things like, "Put your right hand down" when what she really meant was "foot" and when you're in a pose and relying on listening rather than observing, it can really fuck you up. I'll just stick with Cat Meffen. She knows what I like.My backyard grass is so long and the leaves are starting to pile up but I'm going to wait for the weekend to mow it. Reason being: That will give it time to dry out more completely; it will be much warmer and the wind today will blow more leaves off the trees. I need to have Jim sharpen the mower blade.
Dinner tonight: Taco soup. I was going to do sloppy joes but I think I'll wait for tomorrow to make that.
Today should be easy. There's a staff meeting at 7:05 and then I have a phone meeting during my prep period which should only take about 10 minutes. It's a planning meeting for an evaluation and I'm not leading it, just listening.
Ooh, new podcast alert: The Letter. The premise is - A random shooting takes one life but dramatically changes the lives of many more. I've listened to the first episode and it's really good. Also, if you haven't checked out "All There Is" with Anderson Cooper, do. It's so good. It's a podcast about dealing with grief and though it sounds like it'd be a bummer, it's not. It has so much hope in it and it's so interesting to hear him talk about his mother (Gloria Vanderbilt) while he's clearing out her apartment that just sold.
And that's about all I've got. I need to get my boys outside before I head to work...make sure they get one last pee in. Happy Thursday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment