Monday, February 28, 2022

A Full Week

It's been quite a while since I've had a 5-day week. I'm hoping I make it through. However, tomorrow is quite wonky with testing (ACT for juniors; Pre-ACT for sophomores; no freshmen in the building and seniors doing senior activities) so that should help to mix it up and make things a little more tolerable. And this year, I'm in my own room for the ACT which is nice. AND!!! Lisa and I are sharing duties so that should make things easier. I always hated in the past when I'd be proctoring the ACT and have to text some random person to relieve me so I could relieve myself. Stupid. 

The weekend was good. Friday, Jim got out of work early (since he'd worked basically a double shift on Tuesday) so after he made a stop at Costco, we met at Shooters. We ordered pizza for dinner and just hung out. Saturday we weren't going to do anything for lunch but then Jim suddenly decided he wanted a bloody Mary so we headed to Shooters. We went out to Seasons 52 for dinner, which was delicious. I actually had a steak, very unusual for me and it was scrumptious! Sunday we hung around here. The weather was lovely (a little chilly) so we bundled up a bit, Jim lit a fire out in the circle and we had a couple beers with the neighbors. Makes me really excited for warmer weather. Dinner last night was a cauliflower and potato curry (so yummy). 

Oh, so, the bartender at Seasons 52? I was sitting there enjoying a delicious gimlet and looked at her and thought, Why do I know her? And then I looked at her name tag, which said, "Ali" and realized she and I went to high school together. When I said, to her, "Is your last name 'Oliver'?" She replied, "Muir?" Apparently she recognized my voice. Isn't that funny? Is my voice that distinct? 

Scout woke up at 2:00 wanting out, which is unusual for him. It's usually Boo that has to go out. When I came down to let him out, right before I opened the door I thought, He better not want out to bark at some freakin' animal! Sure enough, when I opened the door, he went tearing out, barking his head off. And then the smell hit me: Skunk! Ugh! Not in our yard but nearby. I had to go out in my skivvies to wrangle that little shithead back in! What a turkey! 

And on that note, I guess I'd better get a move on. Dinner tonight will be some sort of air fryer chicken with brussel sprouts and I'll cook up some gnocchi. 

Happy Monday! Later!

No comments: