Thursday, January 27, 2022

Jim, Jim, Jim!


As I typed the title of this post I was shaking my head whilst my mouth twisted into a smirk. You see, as Jim was getting ready to head out yesterday to hang with his brother, I asked him where they were going, thinking they were headed to dinner. Unfortunately, Jim was heading to the "House" because he needed to go through some things that Jim had stored in the basement. I said, "Don't bring any junk here! If you haven't missed it in the last 20 years, you won't miss it when you throw it away." And then Jim proceeds to tell me he's talking about albums. You know, vinyl records. Large discs that were once produced to play music off a turntable. I then told him, "Fine, you can sell them." And Jim proceeds to tell me that he plans on getting a record player and putting it in the basement to listen down there. I said, "No you're not. You won't do that and then they'll sit there as junk and get ruined." He said, "Yeah, you're right." Of course, I'm sure that he's going to try and sneak some shit into the house but I'm telling you, it'll go straight to the curb. I mean, come on Jim! Is it worth the fight that we'll have!? There's enough junk in the basement that needs to be taken to the curb and seriously! You haven't missed that shit at all since we moved here nearly 20 years ago. ARG! 

Jim will be spending another evening with Fritz tonight. I'm not exactly sure why but he called me last night to say he needed to go straight there from work to deal with shit. This is annoying because it means that I'll have to walk both pups today and with as cold as it is, my poor toes can't take it. Annoying. 

In other news, the aide who comes to my room for my history class is going to be out AGAIN for at least the rest of the week because another of his sons has Covid. This guy has had a TOUGH year with, not only his own illnesses but every other week something happens to one of his three sons. I feel bad for him. 

What else? Nothing that I can think of. I'm not sure what I'll do for dinner tonight with Jim not here again. I'll probably stop at Kroger on the way home to get something to make. We'll see. 

Okay - well, time to get a move on. Happy Thursday! This time tomorrow it'll be Friday and the weekend will be nearly here! Can't wait. Later!


No comments: