Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Back At It...Sort Of

It's back to work for me after 5 days out...sort of. I have a 1/2 day for my endodontist appointment which means I'll be out around 10:45. Of course I have a meeting at 10:15 but that's no big deal and it's a Zoom meeting. It's just a planning meeting for an evaluation which means I'm not running it...I just have to sit there, nod and agree with the school psyche. 

Yesterday around lunch time I started getting texts and emails from my principal regarding the shit storm that was apparently happening at work. They're gearing up for possibly going remote and so about 10 emails came through asking teachers to fill shit out. Then I got a text from my principal asking if I'd be back tomorrow or this week at all. Apparently he thought I had Covid. I didn't tell him I had it, he just assumed which is stupid. I mean we're almost 2 years into this thing and if I had Covid, don't you think I'd let you know? Dumb. But I get it...there's a lot of shit to deal with so he's a bit crazed. 

Yesterday Jim went to work as normal but then ended up not being able to paint because he needed a lift and they were all taken. So, he came home and then went back out around 1:00. I heard him come in around 9:30 last night and he's still sleeping. His day should be back to normal today. 

He's loving his truck, by the way. He's still figuring out all the bells and whistles but it has a lot of what my Subaru has (Apple Air play) so he's somewhat used to things. He's especially liking having the ability to listen to music again. The Hyundai didn't have an antenna (the garage door closing on it knocked it off...my fault) and add to that he's got Sirius for 3 months...BONUS! 

Dinner last night was leftovers since Jim wasn't home. Tonight I'll make chicken in the air fryer with a sun-dried tomato sauce and broccoli. I was supposed to make this last week at some point but I think we went out to dinner instead. 

BTW - if you haven't gone online to order your free Covid at home tests, here's the link. It's really easy and takes about 30 seconds. 

And that's all I've got. Like I said, I have an appointment to see if I need a root canal today at 12:30 - hopefully that won't take long and hopefully I won't need one! Happy Wednesday! Later!

No comments: