I made it here yesterday around 12:30. The drive was fine...a little fog in the mountains and some drizzle but traffic was light and there wasn't too much construction.
When I got here I just unpacked and tried to get the cats to warm up to me. Whiskers wants nothing to do with me (I think she recalls me as the bitch that stuck her in a cage and then car for 6 hours) but Dinah will grace me with a snuggle for about 2 minutes a few times a day. She did, however, do a little morning yoga with me a little while ago. It was funny...as I was gearing up for my routine, she circled me and rubbed up against me while I got into my ujjayi breath...it was quite pleasant.
Richard update: So yesterday when I got here, I asked mom if she had been to visit him. She said no because they were moving him to the rehab center (which is just around the corner, thank God). At 2:00 she had to go over and sign papers, which she did, and drop of some belongings for him. And then she came home and we hung out. Mom tried calling R a couple times with no results. (Thankfully he has a phone in his room in this place.) Finally I said she should call the hospital and see what's up. She did and asked to be connected to his room and he was there. UGH! No idea why the transfer didn't happen so that is now on our list to do today. I told her she needs to call the hospital and talk to the doctor of record - the person making discharge decisions - and find out WTF!
Our plans today: I have an IEP meeting at 8:00 and then I'll shower. Mom wants to go to get birdseed and then she's going to show me the place to take a nice walk. I'm not sure if she'll go to the hospital or not (maybe while I walk, she could go visit R) but after our errands, we'll come back here and get some X-mas decorations up. I'll do some cleaning and then I'm sure we'll just hang out and enjoy each other's company. Maybe make a few French cakes.
I'm seriously going to have to crack down when I get back home. Mom is a bad influence when it comes to sweets and wine. I mean, who wants to let a lady drink alone?! Not me! I pride myself on being a good guest.
Okay well, I need to make sure my mug is presentable for Zooming and then look over the IEP (I wrote weeks ago!). Happy Tuesday! Stay healthy and distanced. (Speaking of which, three new cases of covid at school yesterday, one of whom was a student of mine...don't worry though I stay well away from my kids and she's seated distantly from others). K - later!

No comments:
Post a Comment