Anyway - though it's good to be home, I miss my Mom and hope, hope, hope that she and R can get their asses up here where we can take care of them more easily. I know how hard and scary it must be for them to think about packing up their whole lives from a place they've lived since 1989 and I know that job is daunting but there are 6 kids who will step up and do what they can to help. We all just need to figure out what Mom and R want to do and then just fucking DO IT!!!
R update: He's settled in the rehab place, finally. As I mentioned, while he still has an IV and while his blood infection is...infecting him, he can't come home. However, he's where he needs to be and hopefully the physical therapy he'll get will prepare him for being back at home.
School update: I tried to do as much as I could while I was away so that I didn't get to school with a shit ton of work to do today and I think I'm pretty well set. I've done all my grading and I've made a large dent on my IEP progress reports. I don't really plan on doing much teaching this week in history and science since we just finished a chapter. I don't want to start something that would need to continue after a two week break so...movies it is! For LA, we're finishing a book and that will take us through Wednesday. After that, I promised the kids we could watch The Help since we never got to last year due to the pandemic.
Oh, and bonus, I can work from home next Monday (teacher work day). My plan? To have all my work complete so that I don't have to do ANY work on the 21st! Bam! Can't wait for vacation to begin. You know who's also excited? Boo and Scout! Man do I love those boys!
Okay - time to get a move on. Dinner tonight is a vegetarian quinoa chili. It's supposed to have sweet potato in it but I might use butternut squash instead.
Happy Monday! Stay healthy and covid free. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment