Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Estimates

We had a guy come out the other day to look at our siding, some of which needs replacing. He came out again yesterday because we said, "Hey, along with the estimate for siding, give us an estimate for putting a deck on the front of the house." I keep going back and forth on what I want. Originally, I wanted something that would have railing and a little gate at the front but now I'm rethinking that. Do I really want railings? I almost want something that would just be clean and not obstruct the view...something that would allow a lovely place to sit and have coffee. It would run the length of the house from the front door to the fence to the backyard (about 32 feet) and come out 8 feet. It would also be flush with the front door. I want Trex or something akin to that (there are several different brands) which of course is more expensive but I'm okay with that. In the long run, it will be less maintenance and make up for the cost. We'll see what he comes back with.

In other news - yesterday was a pretty chill day for work but still frustrating. I have this one kid who consistently turns in 1 of 2 assignments every week in most of my classes. I've emailed him time and time again and he never replies. I got an email last night from his mother saying that he's been trying to get in touch with me and I haven't replied. She then asked me to call him today, which I'll do but it's just so frustrating because this kid isn't very smart and trying to walk him through even the simplest thing is like trying to drive a nail into my own eye...it hurts and I don't want to do it.

Today, I have 4 meetings with kids, spread throughout the day: 8:30, 9:00, 1:00 and 1:15. I've got senior paperwork to complete and an IEP to finish up. Originally we were able to email our paperwork in to the secretary who then printed and filed it but yesterday we got notice that she wouldn't be doing that anymore (she's overwhelmed with printing). This sucks because I only had one more file that needed "filing". Which means, I now will have to drive into work before end of year and get things printed and sent off to central office. Stupid.

What else? Nothing much. It's rainy here but we should see a break around 10:00 so we'll be able to walk the boys. It's chilly today and for the next couple which blows.

Oh, Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! Tonight will be Chimichangas, Mexican Street corn and maybe a margarita or two! Woot! I didn't drink yesterday so I could partake today...it'll be my one day off this week.

Okay - gotta get ready for my meeting...make sure my hair isn't sticking up all over the place and I don't have a boogie hanging out my nose! Ha! Happy Tuesday! Later and stay healthy!

No comments: