Friday, August 31, 2018

On The One Hand...

...I'm SO happy it's Friday for any number of reasons, not the least of which is I can't wait to drink a cocktail. However, (I know! Who thought there'd ever be a "however" when it comes to me and a cocktail) I'm so committed to this weight loss thing that I don't want to overdo it! And it's not that I want to "tie one on" or anything like that it's just that a Skinny Girl Margarita tastes so good, it's hard to have just two. Now, granted, I usually have enough points at the end of the day that having 2 isn't even dipping into my weekly points but I want this momentum to continue!

Part of the reason for this is I only lost 4 pounds this week. And I shouldn't be discouraged because I KNEW I wouldn't lose 8 pounds again and 4 pounds is actually really good...I mean since I've been weighing myself, that's 12 pounds! Over 5% of what I want to lose! But you know...I want to be skinny now! Ah well, I need to be proud and motivated by what I've been able to accomplish so far.

Anyway - I CAN'T WAIT FOR A COCKTAIL TONIGHT!!!

I also can't wait for the 3-day weekend. I'm excited to get my walk on with the boys since I haven't been able to do that like I'd like through the week (rain, heat, Jim working late etc.). I'm excited that Maggie et al are coming down Sunday for a family extravaganza (minus Anne and Steve who will be in PIB). Should be fun!

School is good. I gave my first test in WS Wednesday and everyone passed. There were a couple of high D's but I allowed for test corrections and they managed to bump their grades up. I give my first science test today and that should be a shit show. We'll see. LA is good, we are well into Macbeth and the kids are, as always, enjoying it.

Yesterday I had training for an online science lab program which was mostly a waste of time...only because what was presented in 3 hours could've been done in half the time. What was most annoying, as Lisa had warned me, was that one of the trainers treated us like we were children. "I need your eyes up here!" She constantly said that! Um, hello, I'm an adult and can do more than one thing at a time...and even if I can't, it's my choice to listen to you or not. Made me want to look down the whole time she presented (and punch her in the face)...but I'm not that rude. Anyway, I can probably use some of the labs but truthfully, there aren't that many available for Earth Science (what I'm teaching this year). Next year (Biology) will have more options. I'll give it a try though. What I'm most excited about though is the ability to have the answers of these labs to help my kids that are in gen ed classes.

Okay well, time to get a move on. BTW - my bed is still awesome and my eye is healing nicely. My neighbor, Jordan, who assisted me in the injury saw it yesterday and said, "Hey, that doesn't look that bad! I feel a little less guilty."

Happy Friday! Later!

No comments: