Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Mostly Pain-Free

Yesterday wasn't too terribly bad. There was one point in our district meeting where I wanted to stick a pick in my brain because the guy that was hired to motivate us was going on and on and on and on and on...and we all just wanted to get the frick out of there and we were already running at least 40 minutes late and you KNOW the only thing on a teachers mind is "will this mean lunch will be pushed back!?" (It was but only by 15 minutes). Beyond that, I can't really complain. Additionally, the meeting at the end of the day with the wacky parent wasn't terrible either. I expect that to change as the year starts but she's not my parent and I'll just do what's asked of me and try to get through without any wounds. The bonus in that situation is the kid is apparently a great kid.

I managed to unpack all our supply boxes from yesterday and started to get my desk ready. Today I'll finish that and then start on my 1st day of school (week) stuff. I'll put a PowerPoint together for the kids, set a couple IEP appointments and just generally get myself organized.

I'll be leaving school a little early today (1:30ish) to get to Jim's appointment. I'm hoping (knock on wood, fingers crossed, prayers to the baby Jesus) that our appointment isn't running terribly late and we can get out of there at reasonable time. And that we get good news.Which means, I'm going to finish up here and get they heck out of dodge so I can get to school early and make up the time lost. Not that my administrators care but I need that time.

The dogs did really well yesterday for all the time they were in their cages. I came home and walked them both and really, after running around like kooks, they were as worn out by 7:30 as they usually are. Lets hope that becomes our new norm.

My "diet" went well yesterday. I used all my points but didn't go over. We went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch and I had the salad bar (didn't even get any of the pasta salads either). Best of all, however, I didn't drink and didn't mind it. (Well, of course I would've liked to have had a cocktail but it wasn't running through my brain constantly.) I trick my brain by drinking my seltzer water "on the rocks" out of a highball. Lets hope I remain as committed and motivated in two weeks as I am right now.

And with that I'll finish my toilette and head out. Here's to a productive work day! (And fingers crossed/prayers for Jim's appointment.) Happy Tuesday! Later!

No comments: