And by a success, I mean I made it through another hectic day! It was a good day yesterday with the kids. I'm getting to know the freshmen and enjoying (for now) those kids who've been in my classes before. I'm also enjoying my schedule. I have a break (my plan) during 3rd period which is nice and then another break for lunch in the middle of 5th with a study hall at the end of the day that allows me to get some work done during this first week of student idle time. Although many of my kids had homework yesterday. And you know they were all bitching about it. I said, "WHAT!? YOU GOT HOMEWORK!? IN SCHOOL!? THAT'S ABSURD!" One student said, "Are you being sarcastic?" (A freshman who doesn't know me well yet.)
My 7th period GI (study hall) is a bit rambunctious. I have 3 freshmen girls in there and a freshman boy and they are all jabber jaws. We're going to have to have a little talk about the need for quiet time.
Today I'll do some surveys in LA and get the kids ready for Monday which will be our first day of normal lessons. I'm leaving it up to the kids to choose what we read first. It's between Macbeth, Secret Life of Bees, a Holocaust novel as well as one other book that we are still figuring out (there was a tie between Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None and Catching Fire - the 2nd of the Hunger Games book).
In Dad news, this "installation" of his pace maker went well. I talked to Dad last night and he seemed good! Becky told me that he said it was weird to have a normal heartbeat! (Dad has typically had a low rhythm). I'm so happy that things went well yesterday and I'm hoping that this is the answer to many of the issues that he's had recently.
My quest to be lighter is going well. I've gone this whole week without alcohol and I've been within my allotted number of "points" every day. I have some banked points for the week and have the plan of going for a cocktail after school. I will choose something lower in sugar so I can be as good as possible. I'll be interested to see my weight when the scale I ordered gets here. I guess I should have weighed myself before this all began. I hate knowing my weight but not knowing if I'm actually losing is frustrating. If I saw I was shedding pounds, I'm sure that would be motivating.
Okay well, time to get a move on. Happy Friday!!! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment