Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Still On The Wagon

So Jim went to the doctor yesterday and - drum roll please - he is now off ALL meds!!! Woot Woot!!! I mean, this has been nearly 4 months in the making! I will no longer have to bitch at him to take his pills and/or have no idea what pills he's actually taking! Additionally, he will not have to see the doctor for a month, which will happen after his next MRI and PET scan (not yet scheduled...they'll call). So happy!

The "bad news" is that the doc still doesn't want Jim to drink. The doc just isn't sure (without a biopsy) the kind of damage the hepatitis has done to Jimmy's liver. And don't get me wrong, it's not like Jim wants to go out and get wasted but he's been craving a little cocktail or something to sip on. Specifically, he's been wanting a Bailey's on the rocks for about 2 months. But alas, the doc wants Jim's liver to have a break from all meds etc. Poor Jimmy...he's done so well with this too. Had it been me I'm sure I would have been checked into a psyche ward long ago without my glass of wine. Hopefully this won't be a long-term thing and in the next month or so, Jim's liver will be able to handle one drink. We'll see.

School is school. I had my "walk through" observation yesterday with the VP (one 1/2 hour observation is required on the cycle I'm on...next year I'll have to do the full blown observation shit). All went well...got good marks and good feedback. So that's done and I don't have to worry about him popping in for the rest of the year. YAY!

And that's all I've got. OH! My Clever Coffee Dripper thingy came yesterday and I love it! It's so easy, convenient and delicious. A good treat!

K - now best get a move on. Happy Wednesday. Later!

No comments: