Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Sleep

Lately I've realized that my sleep pattern has changed. First of all, I'm not getting as much sleep as I used to. Additionally, I don't fall into bed, exhausted, at a crazy early time (7:00 PM) and I'm waking up a lot earlier than I once did. The other thing that kind of bums me out in regard to my sleep is I don't seem to dream as much or as vividly as I used to. I think there are two reasons for all these changes. First, with Jim's latest bout of illness, I've been too busy to just be able to go to bed at any old time in the evening. I don't count this a bad thing...I was becoming an old lady for a while there (ready for bed right after dinner but holding off until after the nightly news). The second reason things have changed so much? There's a strong correlation between my reduced hours of sleep and two sweet, furry, cute little boys. You see with them around, I want to make sure they are good and worn out before putting them into their cages for the night. Additionally, I don't want them in their cages for too, too long. Not that they don't like their cages. In fact last night when I went to put them to bed, Scout was already in his snoozing with the door open. Plus, all I need to say to them is "Kennel up!" and they head straight in. Lastly, my boys are so freakin' cute, it's hard not to cuddle with them for as long as I can every night.

So one dream that I did have recently that I remember was a quick little snippet of Sami. It was weird for a couple reasons. The first is it was the first dream I had of her since she died. I've been waiting and waiting to see her and it took forever for her to show up. The other reason it was weird...it was really short. I mean, it was probably a 30 second shot of her. The final reason it sticks out in my mind is that Bubba and Zeke were blocking her from getting to me. In my dream Bubba and Zeke were sitting looking at me and Sami was behind them trying to wiggle between them to show her sweet little face but they kept trying to keep her away. I don't know what that means but my boys need to let me see my girl!

So Jim had his CT scan yesterday. We'll get those results today at his doctor's appointment (4:40). I'm hoping to hear good news about the scan and I'm hoping they continue to reduce his prednisone dosage. Fingers crossed.

And that's all I've got for now. Need to go finish my toilette. Happy Tuesday! Later!

No comments: