Since I’ll be taking the rest of the week off the real “grindstone” won’t start until next Monday but truthfully, I’d rather be back at work than having to deal with all of this. Not to mention what Jimmy’s having to go through.
In Jimmy news, however, he was much better yesterday. I feel like he’s starting to come back to himself bit by bit. His spirits seem much better and the fog he’s been existing in for the last couple of weeks is lifting. His levels are way down as well (ammonia was down to 129 yesterday and his AST had lowered to the triple digits) which is a good sign. The doctor seems to think that he could get out by Thursday and he’ll be able to take an oral pill to continue his recovery. I don’t know what this all means in terms of overall recovery – it could take months for the hepatitis to clear up – and treatment is obviously on hold until further notice. Nothings ever easy.
At school today, my plans are to get my plans ready for the week (that’s job no. 1) and then make sure I have everything in order for the 3 IEPs I have coming up. Thankfully, the one that is being held next Monday is complete, I just need to print out etc. I need to complete progress reports as well (although I did most of them prior to break...just waiting on related services to do their part) and then get my classes ready. I came home from the hospital and sent teachers IEPs for kids that will be new to their classes so that’s about a half hour that I freed up. With all that taken care of, I should be okay for the rest of the week...we’ll see. I hate having to take off and I tend to worry about things but I just can’t let that get to me. I can’t be bothered with that stupid shit that I have no control over...because I’m dealing with enough shit I can’t control.
Richard was finally released from the hospital yesterday. He had been in for a week due to heart issues and he’ll have to go back in soon to have surgery but at least he can relax at home until then.
It’s cold as shit! I mean my poor boys HATE having to go out in this to do their business. They’ve both taken to peeing on the deck in the snow which I’m fine with. Sami and Bubba used to do that but only if there was snow. With it being -6 degrees (not the wind chill) I don’t want their little paws to have to be exposed for longer than necessary. Sure wish I could teach them to use the commode.
And that’s all I’ve got. I think I’ll head in to work and get started. I figure the sooner I get there and do what needs to be done, the sooner I can come home, start a fire and cuddle back up with my boys. I will miss my Jimmy today (not headed down with everything else) but thankfully Anne is going to go see him and take him some Powerade supplies.
Happy Tuesday...happy New Year. Hopfully things from here on out will be on an upswing. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment