Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Muddling Through

I'm definitely ready to get back to school today for the simple reason that I don't want to dwell all day in gloom.  I can't guarantee that I won't tear up at some point today but I think I can make it.  I actually slept pretty well.  Jim did not.  Poor guy. 

We got Bubba back yesterday and I put him with Zeke on the armoir in the family room so he can watch over us all.

Sami seems to be doing fine although periodically she'll kind of look around and it seems that she's looking for her Bubs.  At one point yesterday she wasn't in the family room with me and so I tip-toed upstairs to see what she was doing and she was just sitting on the bed by the window, looking out.  It was way too early for Jimmy to be home so I felt like she was looking to see if Bubba was coming. 

This morning, when I went to share the crusts of my bread with Sami, I split the pieces in two, forgetting. 

When I got out of the bathroom this morning after showering and getting ready, I came into the bedroom, watching my step so that I wouldn't accidentally kick Bubba in case he was in the middle of the floor.  He wasn't.

I'm sure there will be many more times when I do something similar to the things above but that's okay...in a way, I don't want to get used to Bubba being gone. 

Okay - I'm done (for now) being sad and depressing.  Best finish my routine and head out. I have a ton of papers to grade...ugh and an IEP to write.  K - later!

No comments: