Monday, January 13, 2014

Walt's Hitching Post

Jim and I were enjoying a beer at Shooters yesterday after shopping for my new scoots (holes in my tennis shoes) when we got a call from Trippy saying he, J.J. and Susan were meeting Dad and Cullen at Walt's for dinner...did we want to join?  Uh, HELLS YES!!!  I didn't realize that Walt's had re-opened (they had closed after a situation with who would run the joint after someone died or something like that).  So!  Jimmy and I headed down around 5:30 for dinner at 6:00. It was delish!  I, of course, got ribs and they tasted exactly like they always did.  It was good to see Cullen before he headed back to Minnesota Thursday.  Don't know when I'll see him again since he plans on staying through the summer.  {Sad face}

So because I didn't get home until 8:00 last night, I didn't have time to do my normal "get-ready-for-work-and-breakfast routine" and I now need to make this short.  I also didn't get to see the red carpet from the Golden Globes but I taped it and will fly through it this afternoon.  I did get to see the opening monologue with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler...hilarious.  I watched Downton Abbey too (Maggie - quit ruining things for me!) and so was up too late.  UGH!  I'm not really tired though.  Hopefully I'll get through my day unscathed and the kids as well.

I'll head to the eye place after school to pick up my new specs...can't wait!

And that's about all I've got.  Best complete my perusing of the Internet and finish getting ready.  Should be a normal week at school.  K - later!

Oh, and one more thing:  So I usually have toast for breakfast and save some of the crusts to share with Sami and Bubba.  Well, today I had my blueberry muffins so I told Jim to save a bit of his toast's crust to share.  He said okay.  So he's eating and I'm typing and suddenly he goes, "AH SHIT!"  Me: "What!?"  Jim: "I forgot to save some of my breakfast!"  Sami: "This is why we always say you're a bad dad!  Cause you're a bad dad!" Bubba: "Uh-huh!  Yup!"  So I'm toasting a bit of toast to give them because they don't deserve that!  And NO!  They aren't spoiled.

K - now I'm out...later!

No comments: