Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lovin' Me A Long Weekend

Of course I get a nice long weekend where I can sleep in and enjoy NOT having to get up at 5AM and who ruins it for me?  Sami, of course!  I swear she's been up since 4:30.  She'd get up - flop down on my leg...get up again...flop down.  Scootch into a new position...against my leg. Scootch closer and moan loudly.  At one point I rolled over and she thought I was awake (I was but I was trying to pretend I was still asleep so she wouldn't do what she did) so she got up and draped herself across my stomach and proceeded to bat her paw at me.  At that point Bubba got up and I knew my Sunday morning lounging in bed until at least 7AM was not going to happen.  Oh well, at least I can try to sleep in tomorrow too.  We'll see how that goes.

So last night was fun.  Jim and I went to Bonefish and met his friends Chris and Martha there (I knew Chris but had never met his wife). We had a nice dinner and then went back to their house for a couple drinks.  Home by 11:00...since we're losers. Although really, why do we need to be out later than that?  I like my sleep.

Plans for today: Chillin' with my hubby and babies.  I'll get my walk in at some point...maybe do a run as well.  Yesterday I walked both dogs (separately) and mowed the whole lawn (usually Jim and I split it up but I was feelin' it so I did the whole thing) so I might just do the walk and some ab stuff.  Who knows? I'm making ribs tonight...probably do some zucchini with it and maybe a corn casserole.

Here are some pics Maggie sent me the other day of their lunch at Ted's with Nana and Grandpap (my fave place to go in Columbus). They have this little packet of fun for the kids and inside there are "wiki sticks"...I always make glasses and wear them. Here's Eva in her pair...and Nana who looks a bit touched if you ask me. Sorry Mom.

K - well that's all I've got.  Happy Memorial Day Weekend to you all.  Later!

No comments: