Monday, May 20, 2013

A Great Time

We had such a good time in PIB this weekend.  Jim and I managed to get up and catch the 2:30 ferry.  The weather was beautiful but chilly (about 59°, windy, windy, windy and ROUGH).  Maggie and Charlie caught the 5:30 I think.  We had a delicious dinner, played a ton with Eva, and played Catch Phrase. Did I mention there was a little drinking as well?

Saturday we went to Frosty's for breakfast, then the park, Jim got the golf cart all settled and running (with the help of Chan), we went to the monument, lunch at Tony's (under new management and it was TERRIBLE!), home, nap, dinner with Mike (we served), a sunset with lots of geese babies in attendance (see below...we counted between 60 and 70) and oh, did I mention there was some drinking?

There's also a bald eagle living at the Bay.  If you're familiar, the couple (they mate for life apparently) have build their nest in the trees lining Pinkie's Pond (not sure if Pinkie is spelled right). So cool. We saw the one perched just above the nest and then in the nest as well.  It's easy pickins right now with all the sweet little goose babies. Everybody's gotta eat I guess.  I wish they would stick around and chow on snakes in about a month!

Oh, and more bird news, we've got a mallard nesting just outside the front door in the gladiolas.  She and I scared the shit out of each other on Friday.  I was afraid she wouldn't come back but she and her husband did, each night. They have 7 eggs that I counted...I hope they hatch.  And I hope the bald eagles stay away. 

Okay so it's back to the grind today.  Only 9 more days left!  Friday starts exams and I can't WAIT to be done with all this.  No news on our room and if we're moving or not...fingers crossed.

(Free Sirius for two weeks starting tomorrow).

K - got papers to grade when I get to school so I better scoot.  Later!

No comments: