So yesterday we had a short meeting during early release so that FW (maybe I should just call her DH...department head) could give us our "preliminary" schedules for next year. Funny enough - I had told Lisa earlier that day that I'd LOVE to have a 5th period plan because I HATE teaching 5th period (it's the lunch period so it's an hour and a half long. That's a long time to sit with those kids!). And what do you know! My tentative schedule is:
GI
GI
LA
LA
PLAN!!!
History
GI
GI's by the way are the special ed study halls (stands for "guided intervention"). I'm pretty stoked! I'm also excited because it seems pretty likely that we'll be moving rooms. Now, we may not be getting the HUGE room that we thought - but any room is better than the room we're in. And if we don't move, our room is better than no room. Worse case - we stay put.
Regarding the big room - there are rumors around that HH has promised it to someone else. It just wouldn't make sense though - if that is true - to have to move us and then move another teacher so we can move into her room and she get the big room. I just can't see the logic. I've learned, however, that HH doesn't always use logic. Instead he tries to please and you know, I'm not one he cares to make happy. We'll see. Whatever happens though, I'm happy with my "preliminary" schedule.
And that's about all I've got. Ooh, we have a cookout today for lunch - the admins yearly treat to us. I have LOTS to do after school. Target, library, home, clean, walk dog, not cook (too much to do so we'll get take out). Can't wait - for PIB that is.
K - I'm out...later!

No comments:
Post a Comment