Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Preview Of Spring

Last night - I have no idea what time - Jim and I got a little preview of another spring with a thunder-and-lightening-fearin' dog (that would be Zeke).  I was sleeping like a baby (as I have been since I started the no-drinking-during-the-week thing) when suddenly, Zeke BARKED really loudly at the kitchen door.  It startled me but at the same time I was confused as to what was going on.  Part of the problem was when it happened, Jim said, "Is he out of his tree?"  I thought, "Why would he be out of his tree?"  Then, "Why was he in a tree?"  And finally, "WHO THE HELL IS IN A TREE?" See, I'm reading the Hunger Games with my kids and lately, my main character, Katniss, has been up a tree (hiding from tributes).  It was very confusing for me in the middle of the night.  And then thunder struck and it all became clear.  I said to Jim, "It was Zeke.  It's storming. He's scared."  And Jim said, "Yeah, I know."  Apparently Jim wasn't confused like I was. (By the way - I searched "funny dog in a tree" and that was what came up...HA!)

So that being said, it's raining and nasty here.  It just started POURING!  I think they said it was only going to be really bad this morning so maybe Zeke won't have a completely awful day.  Poor baby. Although, I must say, since he's lost most of his hearing, it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.

In dreaming news, I had a dream about David (my ex that killed himself a couple years ago).  It was really weird.  He was "back" and we were together again.  In my dream, I was not happy...I didn't want to be with him and I was trying to figure out a way to tell him that.  Jim was in my life and I wanted to be with him.  I remember driving around with David, crossing a bridge, and trying to think of a way to tell him that I wouldn't be staying with him, without him getting upset and driving off the bridge.  Scary.  Ugh!

So in record time, two weeks I think, Jim and my taxes are done!  Yeah!  Not nearly as big a refund as in past years but any refund is a good refund.  I also gave Jim a whopping check to get new boards for our deck.  We'll be replacing the surface boards this spring.  YEAH!  I'd love to move the steps too but I don't think Jim is up for that.  Oh well.

And that's about it. It's an "easy" day for me...shorter periods so I do all my weekly reading comprehension assessments in Language Arts (independent seat work for the kids).  Hopefully that will give me time to finish my IEP that is tomorrow.  K - well, I'm out...later!

No comments: