Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Breaking The Law

Oh, boy - what an interesting year I'm having already. Long story but basically, I had my HH tell me today that he really didn't care what my student's educational plan said, he wanted something done his way. I explained to him that, "Sorry, I would be following the educational plan, which is bound by law and if he had a problem with what I was doing, he could call the parents regarding this issue (the parents, who, by the way, had signed said document and were on board with what I was proposing at the meeting we had in the spring - which no required district rep - administrator - showed up to - though they were invited. I didn't say that part)." I of course said this with all kinds of sweetness (fake) and respect (ha! like I've ever had any for him).

I think I may be dealing with a complete and total moron. I mean, seriously, what is he doing? I think he can't stand having me or any female (not currently residing up his ass) doing something without his expressed permission and so he feels like a woman is going over his head? Gee, call me crazy but shouldn't what we decide for kids be what's best for kids? And shouldn't most of our decisions regarding these kids be made collaboratively? Not because it looks good on paper? And, um, when did you, HH, who's never stepped foot in my classroom, become such an expert on what my kids need? You who wants to break the law regarding special ed?! Arg!!! I can't wait to watch you try and get yourself out of the huge hole your digging yourself into!

So, I called all my parents today when I got home to ensure we are all on the same page and of those that I talked to - they were thrilled. They're on the exact page I'm on in regard to their child's needs. I may email HH tomorrow (in response to his "reprimand" - though it was barely that) and simply say that I had spoken to my parents in question and they were all in total agreement with the proposed plan for their child. The plan that had been set up at the meetings he didn't show up to (which of course I won't say but will be thinking it). As if I would make a decision - a team decision - without discussing it with the parents and kids!!! Who does he think I am? Him? What a jackass!!!

No comments: