Friday, August 29, 2008

AHA!!!


So, as many of you know, I've been suffering lately from bug bites. It's been driving me out of my mind because I couldn't figure out where they were coming from. I thought they might be in my bed and I washed all my pillows etc. but I still ended up with these itchy, red lumps all over. I mean, we're talking on my legs and back; the crook of my elbow; my butt and boobs. Crazy places. Well, lo and behold, the culprits have been revealed. Apparently, they are microscopic mites that tend to appear after infestations of cicadas because they eat their larvae. The mites don't spread disease, they can't survive indoors and don't fly. However, they are carried by the wind and can get through screens. This is why it seemed that no matter if I was in or out of doors, I would get them. Anyway, I can't really do anything to avoid them I'm just glad to have answers. By the way, that's a picture of the little effers - obviously magnified about a million times. I'm getting itchy just thinking about them.

K - later.

1 comment:

maggie said...

Gross!!!!