Saturday, July 05, 2008

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

So I finished "In Search of Eden" by Linda Nichols and it certainly didn't disappoint. It was a definite "feel good" book with frequent (but not overwhelming) Jesus references but I liked it anyway. I said before that I was a little hesitant about the book after finding the author had won Christian writing awards for other books in the past but I didn't find the "prayers" and Jesus references unreal or against what the characters were supposed to be. That being said, the characters were really well developed, it had a nice twist at the end and best of all, it kept me turning pages, one after the other until I reached the end. Who can ask for more than that in a good book?


So now I'm on to my next book: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. This one is an unexpected read. See, Jim and I went to Target the other night to get candy before our movie (yes, we're cheap but who wants to pay $3 dollars for a box of Raisinettes when you can get them for a buck?) Anyway, while at Target, I saw Twilight on sale and thought, "I've heard so many good things about this book and I really want to read it and it's a series - so even better - if it's good, I'll keep reading, reading, reading!!!" So I bought it.

Twilight is about a high school girl, Bella who is totally in love with Edward who loves her equally. However, the problem lies in their passion gaining epic proportions and possibly causing Bella's death. See, Edward is a vampire and he is having a hard time controlling the blood lust that Bella arouses in him. Edward agonizes over this but Bella won't give Edward up, no matter the cost or risk to her life. It should be interesting. So far (chapter 2) it's really good so we'll see. I'll let you know.

No comments: