Tuesday, October 01, 2024

Horseshit

Horseshit #1: Pete Rose dying and MLB keeping him from ever reaching his dream. I'm sure that now he'll be inducted into the HOF. 

Horseshit #2: You know, I really liked Fioptics at first. They were much less expensive in comparison to Spectrum, my internet was fast and I liked the channel line up. Fast forward a couple years and it's becoming the same racket that Spectrum was. Another group of channels have now been discontinued on Fipotics. At this point, I better get a reduction in my bill because it's a bunch of shit. At this point I should just go with either Youtube TV or something that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg. I'll still need to keep my internet of course. Guess I know what I'll be doing today while I show Romeo and Juliet to my ELA classes: researching better streaming services. 

I had the craziest dream last night. I dreamt that Charlie and Maggie bought a new house in Clifton. It was this old behemoth and the people who lived there previously didn't really clean it out. We also figured out that at some point in history it had a bakery in the lower level. It had a "shoot" for flour delivery, ginormous mixers and a bunch of other baking paraphernalia. Charlie was really excited about the house because the laundry room was on the main level so he wouldn’t have to schlep laundry up and down the stairs. This is funny for a couple reasons: A) Charlie doesn't do laundry and B) they currently live in a ranch. Anyway, it was a cool house and I was jealous. Oh, except there were a daddy longlegs everywhere inside. Not cool. 

Jim has finally completed his stint in Mansfield thank the baby Jesus. He had to work 12 hours yesterday (starting at about 4:45 am) to get it done and didn't get home until just after 7:00 last night. He's now up but not necessarily at 'em. His feet are really sore and he's currently soaking them. He's working near home today (in Kenwood) and I'm excited to have him home so we can eat dinner together. Which, by the way will be either grilled chicken or a one-pot gnocchi chicken pot pie dish. 

Nothing else is really happening here so I guess I'll get a move on. Happy Tuesday! Later!

No comments: