Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Had To Cave

Well, yesterday was the day I had to cave and turn on the heat. It had gotten down to 59 in my house and I as much as I hated having to do it I don't want my puppies to suffer. I'll be able to turn it off again later in the week but for now, with a high of 51 expected today, it was must. 

I slept like a little baby late night. Of course I woke up a couple times but managed to get right to sleep. The sucky thing though was I woke up 2 minutes before my alarm went off. That's so annoying to me. Oh well. 

I managed to get the backyard mowed and mulched yesterday. I would have done the front but the leaves haven't really fallen enough out there to justify a mow. I'm sure with the rain we get today it'll be ready by the weekend. 

I've been listening to a pretty good book lately called God of the Woods by Liz Moore. I'm about done with it (7% left in my audiobook) and I'd probably give it a solid 4 stars. It's a story about a 1975 disappearance of a girl from summer camp. The girl is the sister of boy who disappeared from the same place 14 years before. It goes back and forth between the two disappearances to tie them together. Pretty good and certainly worth the time. 

Dinner tonight: I'll probably do an air fryer meal...a sort of stir fry with chicken and Brussel sprouts with a sweet chili sauce. Yummy. I'll have to head to the grocery during my plan and get my needed ingredients. 

Would it be proper to capitalize the "b" in Brussel sprouts? I always wondered. Well, you'll be happy to know (or maybe you just don't care) that indeed it SHOULD be capitalized! Brussel sprouts actually originated in Belgium in the 16th century. So there you go! You've learned something today! 

I was pretty busy at work yesterday getting my shit together for end of the quarter paperwork. I managed to get about 1/2 my shit done. Additionally I made sure to send off progress monitoring paperwork to my sped colleagues. I'll continue working on my shit today but unfortunately I have to wait on other teachers before I can complete everything (math goals for the most part). 

Oh, did I mention that last week my sped coordinator sent out an email regarding an upcoming PD day for the sped teachers in the district? It's so stupid. They're having all of us, over three different days, take a 1/2 day to visit other sped classrooms in the district. A) I don't want to do that because B) what classroom are they going to have me visit? An elementary one? How is that relevant to me? This shit should be optional. It's a bigger pain in the ass for me to take a 1/2 day, make plans for a sub while I'm forced to travel around the district wasting my time observing things in a classroom that would not work in the high school. Thinking about all this, I ended up emailing back and saying, "Is this a requirement? Can we opt out?" I'm sure this will piss off the people who have set this up but I don't care. Why can't they ask us what we'd like to do for PD? I mean, they've had options for all teachers in the district to sign up for "visiting classroom" opportunities and I didn't sign up...because I wasn't interested. Of course I didn't get an email back. I'm sure I'll be forced to do this dumb shit. Oh well. 

Okay time to move on. Happy Tuesday. Later!

No comments: