Monday, July 01, 2024

It's A Lovely Monday

I mean, any day on the Bay would be lovely but this is an especially beautiful day. It's windy and cool and the lake is lively. Not a great day for the wave runner (much to Eva's disappointment I'm sure) but we've got plenty of time for all that. 

We all arrived yesterday to catch the 9:30. (By all, I mean the Egberts and Hankes.) It was really rough and windy, however, I wasn't nervous on the ferry. I've crossed this lake in much scarier conditions. As Jim reminded me, we survived hurricane Sandy. Once we unpacked we went for lunch at the Crew's Nest (we wanted to look out at the lake) and then Maggie and I headed to the pool. Originally, no one else wanted to join because they thought it'd be "cold and windy" (big babies) but after we texted Eva, she finally hauled her ass down. She thought we were trying to trick her. Eventually Charlie joined and we enjoyed a couple hours at the pool. (I got a new little football to toss - it's called the Whistler - and it's pretty awesome.) 

We got home to find our neighbors had arrived from Alabama so Jim and Charlie went out with the fellows for a beer and the ladies stayed home to have some wine on their deck. Dinner was pork tenderloin, rice and some DELICIOUS roasted zucchini from Maggie's garden. 

It's currently 8:15 and Maggie and I have breakfast going. Jim's doing something on the seawall with his bench and table. Charlie's doing some work and Eva's still in bed. Charlie and I got up and worked out already (you never regret getting up and working out) while Maggie took Birdie on a nice long walk. She got pecked in the head at the park by a dumb ass red-winged blackbird. Assholes. Why do they think we want to mess with their damn babies?! 

Today seems like a pool day. It's just so lovely and although it's really windy here at the house, the pool is much less so. And the pool is heated (the water temp yesterday was 86...much warmer than the air). 

Dinner tonight is flank steak, mashed potatoes and roasted peppers. 

Diane has sent me several pics and updates about the boys. I know they're well taken care of and happy. 

And that's all I've got. Time for me to do my part for breakfast and make some toast. Happy Monday! Happy July! Later!

No comments: