Friday, July 05, 2024

Last Day

On the one hand, I'm bummed that this is our last day at the Bay. It's been a truly lovely week. However, I can't wait to see my boys tomorrow. I miss them something terrible. It's so stupid. I know they're well taken care of. I know that they'd rather be there than here considering the chaos of PIB right now. I know that they love their Mama D but I just hate being without them. I hope they know I've not abandoned them and that I'll be coming back. I always tell them how long I'll be gone and when I'll be back but I'm just not sure they understand.

Yesterday was a good day although there wasn't a lot of sunshine and in fact it sprinkled a couple times. We did go to the pool but it was busier than I like and people are annoying. It's just that on a holiday week(end) like this, the riff raff that descends on the island is sometimes disturbing and maybe a little gross. I mean, some dumb, skeevy chick was vaping there. Why do people think the rules don't apply to them? Needless to say, we ended up only staying at the pool for a couple hours. 

Prior to the "show", we and our next door neighbors gathered for some cocktails, socializing and then dinner. The fireworks were great, as usual. They started just after 10:00 and lasted about 20 minutes. Just as the finale concluded, it started to sprinkle so that was perfect timing. After stowing the outdoor cushions I think we all hit the hay as exhaustion had set in. 

In the middle of the night, around 2:15, the GD smoke alarm started going off...AGAIN! This was the third time in the last week but last night it was just in my and Jim's room and it wouldn't stop. I finally got up and changed the battery. It's still blinking red but at least it's not going off and not chirping ever 2 minutes. So freaking annoying. 

Plans today: It's gorgeous and I'm hoping that lasts. I'm guessing we'll go to the pool but how long we stay will be contingent on the riff raff. Other than that, we'll just chill. Dinner will be the leftovers in the fridge as there are a lot. 

Tomorrow Jim and I will get up and hit the road, hopefully catching the 8:30 or 9:00 ferry which will get us home around 1:00. Can't wait. No plans for the weekend except to relax, love on the boys and maybe go see Dad on Sunday. 

And that's all I've got. Next time I post will be Monday and I'll be back to my routine. Kind of excited to get back at it. I've only done yoga twice in the last week I think and my shoulder and hips are feeling it. Happy Friday! Happy weekend. Later!

No comments: