Thursday, September 07, 2023

Elbow Woes

The only bitmoji I could find
My left elbow itches. It started on Monday and I thought it was a bug bite but it's continued and has radiated out to the surrounding area around that elbow bone. Hmm...now that I think about it, I'm a little itchy all over. Maybe it's this dry weather and fall allergies. My nose is fine (knock on wood) but yeah, my skin does feel a little prickly. Hopefully as the humidity falls today that tingly feeling will dissipate. 

Have I mentioned before that my principal drives me nuts? One of the reasons is he has no balls. Rather than speaking directly to someone about whatever, he'll send a staff email. It's so annoying. He's so afraid of facing things face to face (I guess he sees it as "confrontation") it puts his qualifications in question. As a supposed "leader" you need to be able to lead and he has no abilities there. It becomes clearer every year we're stuck with him. Yesterday he sent out a staff email with a spreadsheet listing all high school staff that have failed to complete required training. This training happens every year, is all online but we're never really told when it's supposed to be done. I'm pretty sure that there have been teachers over the years who've just never even done it because, as I've heard directly, they didn't know it was required. I have an idea! Why not send a an email out to the staff that says, "Hey all, make sure your REQUIRED staff training is completed by {date} and remember, you can get CEU's for it toward your license!" It would be so much more respected. He's such a putz! 

In other news, our handyman dude, Larry, is coming over today to look at our back deck. I think he's making time for us because he's coming to look at Doug and Lauren's deck. We need to replace the posts but I also want to reformat it completely. I know Larry is booked for a year so I'm not sure how feasible my plans will be and I'm sure the cost will be more than I'm ready to spend yet but we'll see. He'll be here at 4:00 and since Jim set it up, he'd better be home when Larry shows. 

Dinner tonight will be the herbed chicken I've been talking about making. It's one of my faves and easy. 

I did a yoga flow this morning with a new instructor. She was okay, I mean, she gave good instruction but I wasn't a huge fan of some of her holds or positions. It seemed awkward. I need to just stick with the two people I really like (Cat Meffen and Yoga with Kassandra) but sometimes I get bored. 

We have a stupid, mandatory meeting after the kids leave today with our superintendent. I'm pretty sure he's going to talk about the bond issue they're putting on the ballot this spring. It's never going to pass but it needs to. We're completely over capacity in all our buildings but one. We're busting at the seams and only increasing our enrollment as more and more neighborhoods pop up. This, in a district, where we were told about 10 years ago was out of places to grow. We just passed a levy last November and people are so sick of tax increases on their property, which I get. It's just such a vicious cycle. I'll do my best to keep my eye rolls to a minimum today. 

Okay well, time to get a move on. So happy tomorrow's Friday. In the meantime, happy Thursday. Later!

No comments: