Monday, August 22, 2022

Weekend Recap

It was a mostly lazy weekend because I was exhausted! Friday Jim and I went to our local cantina and had dinner. We came home, Jim headed to bed and I watched a show but I was not far behind. Saturday I made breakfast, we walked the boys then cleaned the house. From there we headed to the tile store and I picked out a tile for my bathroom. After that we headed to Aldi (more on that in a minute) then we went to lunch at Gaslight Cafe in Pleasant Ridge. It was delicious! I was so in the mood for a burger and it didn't disappoint. From there we headed home and I was so tired, I came home and napped for almost 2 hours! I never do that! Guess it was needed. 

Sunday was a typical day for Jimmy and me. We got up, had breakfast, found a window to walk the boys before the rain started, I took a bath, then we went to Shooters. We just relaxed when we got home (Jim, of course fell asleep) and then Doug and Lauren came over for a couple rounds of euchre. I made fish and chips (what we were supposed to have Saturday but didn't because we were both so full from our lunch) and then we headed to bed early. 

So when we were out and about on Saturday, we stopped at Aldi on Ridge and I became green with envy the minute I walked in. It was so nice and clean and new. I mean, my Aldi is fine but it isn't as nice as this one. It seemed like the produce was a lot fresher as well. It was packed too, which mine never is (that was the only drawback). Makes me jealous and hoping that the Aldi that's supposed to be built on route 28 will actually happen. It think that might have fallen through, however since they're now saying they'll put one in where the Sav-a-Lot was in the Milford Shopping Plaza. That would work too. 

So my week should be pretty easy. First full week with kids. I have a meeting today to accept an evaluation for a kid that moved into the district from Arizona. Hopefully that will only take a couple minutes. Other than that, I'll start real lessons with the kids. Fingers crossed all goes swimmingly. We have Open House on Thursday and I'm still on the fence if I'm going to make it or not. It's so stupid especially since most parents don't show. Waste of time. 

Dinner tonight: Probably a prepared meal I got at Aldi (something like a pot roast) with mashers and a veggie...probably broccoli. 

And that's about all I've got. Guess I should get to school. Happy Monday. Fingers crossed the week goes by quickly. Later!


No comments: