It's been a while since I posted but hopefully you didn't miss me too much with my Facebook posts. PIB was amazing. There was some hard work to start our week but Maggie and I cranked it out and the place is really shaping up. We definitely need a fair bit of new furniture to get the place up to snuff but before that can happen, we need help in configuring the downstairs. It's a huge space and will need a couple/few areas for seating (TV viewing, lounging, gaming?). Additionally the landscaping needs a LOT of help but that should start in the next month or so, according to our contractor. He isn't doing that work (obviously) but with his work almost complete, the island guy doing the landscaping will be able to start. (Speaking of which, he needs to incorporate a couple peach trees in the plans since we lost our last peach tree on Peach Point when the neighbor up the street took hers down. Eva's idea, by the way, and it's a good one.) Hopefully this time next year we'll have the place exactly where it needs to be. In the mean time, however, it's everything I'd hoped it would be. It's beautiful and roomy and stylish and cozy and just spectacular. I can't believe I'm so lucky to have such a place in my life.
Jim and I got home on Saturday. The boys were so happy to see us. They just kept coming up to me to kiss me and cuddle. I know they were well taken care of but I still hate being away from them. And now, the poor babies have to deal with me going back to work. They're going to be so pissed. Oh well, they'll get over it.
Dinner tonight: Chicken parmesan with a salad. Jim wanted something "pasta-y".
So yeah, today will just be a morning of meetings and then hopefully the rest of the day will be on our own. I need to get myself prepared as I've done very little for the start of school. That's okay though because I did a lot of work at the end of the year in preparation and I know, for the most part, what I'm going to do to start.
Okay well, I'd best get a move on and get myself revved up for the day. Happy Monday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment